There are a variety of weight-loss diets, weight loss pills, and meal supplements on the market that claim to make you lose weight; Unfortunately, most of these products and recommendations have no scientific basis. However, some weight-loss strategies have a scientific basis. These strategies include exercising, calorie control, intermittent fasting, and reducing carbohydrate intake. In this article, you will get acquainted with fast weight loss methods.
1.Trying intermittent fasting
Intermittent fasting is a pattern of nutrition in which one should not eat at certain intervals. Various studies have shown that intermittent fasting at regular intervals can lead to rapid weight loss in overweight people. The most common methods of intermittent fasting are:
- Alternate day fasting (ADF): In this method, you should not eat on certain days, and on other days you can eat normally. On fasting days, you should eat only 25 to 30% of your daily energy needs.
- The 5:2 Diet: In this method, you should fast 2 days out of 7 days a week. These days, one should only get 500 to 600 calories of energy.
- The 16/8 method: In this method, you should not eat for 16 hours and in the remaining 8 hours of the day and night, you can eat freely. Most people set these 8 hours to be around 8 pm. A study on this method found that eating during a restricted period resulted in the participants consuming fewer calories and losing weight.
In this method of fasting, it is better to eat healthy and nutritious foods on free days when you are not restricted by nutrition, so as not to cause any problems for your health.
2. Tracking your diet and exercise
If someone is looking to lose weight, he should pay attention to his daily diet. The best and most effective way to achieve this is to write down food and drink and how much physical activity you have in a notebook.
According to a 2017 study, health-related apps have been downloaded about 3.7 billion times this year. This number mostly included programs for diet, physical activity, and weight loss. This was not without reason; Because physical activity and tracking, weight loss are effective ways to lose weight fast.
One study found that regular physical activity tracking can help you lose weight fast. Another assessment found a direct link between weight loss and control over food intake and physical activity. Even a device as simple as a pedometer can be a useful weight-loss tool.
3. Eating mindfully
Mindful eating is a practice in which people pay special attention to the type of food and where it is eaten. This method can increase people’s enjoyment of the food they consume and help maintain weight in a healthy range.
Because of today’s busy schedule, most people want to eat as fast as possible. Most of the time, they do this in the car, behind a desk, or while watching TV. As a result, they do not know exactly what they are eating.
Mindful eating techniques:
- Sitting down to eat, preferably at a table: This will make you pay more attention to your food and enjoy eating it.
- Avoiding distractions while eating: Do not pay attention to the TV, mobile phone, or laptop while eating and focus on your food.
- Eating slowly: Take time to chew and taste the food. This helps to lose weight; Because by doing so, the brain will have ample opportunity to detect satiety signals and prevent overeating.
- Making considered food choices: Choose foods that are high in nutrients and can keep you full for a long time.
4. Eating protein for breakfast
Protein can regulate appetite hormones so that a person feels full. This is mostly due to a decrease in the hunger hormone ghrelin and a rise in the satiety hormones peptide YY, GLP-1, and cholecystokinin.
Research on young people has shown that the hormonal effect of eating protein-rich breakfasts can last for hours. Good options for high-protein breakfasts include eggs, oats, nut, and seed butter, quinoa porridge, sardines, and chia seed pudding.
5. Cutting back on sugar and refined carbohydrates
Western diets are high in sugar. This is directly related to obesity. When you cut down on carbs, your body relies on fat stores for energy instead of carbohydrates.
Processing processes on refined carbohydrates minimize the amount of fiber and other nutrients in them. These carbohydrates include white rice, white bread, and pasta.
These foods are quickly digested in the body and stimulate the secretion of the hormone insulin. Increased insulin levels increase the storage of fat in adipose tissue. This leads to weight gain. It is better to replace sugary and processed foods with healthier options. These options are:
- whole-grain rice, bread, and pasta instead of the white versions;
- Fruits, nuts, and seeds instead of sugary snacks;
- herb teas and fruit-infused water instead of high-sugar sodas;
- Water and milk-based smoothies instead of fruit juices.
6. Eating plenty of fiber
Fiber refers to plant carbohydrates that, unlike sugar and starch, are not digestible in the small intestine. Consuming large amounts of fiber in the diet causes a feeling of satiety and weight loss.
Fiber-rich foods include:
- whole-grain breakfast cereals, whole-wheat pasta, whole-grain bread, oats, barley, and rye;
- Fruits and vegetables;
- Legumes and beans;
- Nuts and seeds.
7. Balancing gut bacteria
Much research has been done on the effects of beneficial gastrointestinal bacteria on weight control. The human gastrointestinal tract hosts a wide range of microorganisms, numbering approximately 37 trillion.
The type of bacteria in a person’s digestive tract is different. Some of them can increase people’s energy intake from food. As a result, they prevent the formation of fat and weight gain. Some foods that can increase the number of beneficial bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract are:
- A wide variety of plants: Increasing the consumption of fruits, vegetables, and grains can increase fiber intake and the diversity of bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract. For a healthy diet, vegetables and other plant-based foods make up 75% of your diet.
- Fermented foods: These foods help the beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract to function better. These foods also prevent the growth of harmful bacteria. Sauerkraut, kimchi, kefir, yogurt, tempeh, and miso all contain good amounts of probiotics, which help to increase good bacteria. Probiotics are living microorganisms whose adequate consumption causes the health effects of the host to appear. Probiotics help increase beneficial bacteria in the body. According to research, kefir consumption can help reduce weight in overweight women.
- Prebiotic foods: These foods increase the growth and activity of some bacteria that affect weight control. Prebiotic fiber occurs in many fruits and vegetables, especially chicory root, artichoke, onion, garlic, asparagus, leeks, banana, and avocado. It is also in grains, such as oats and barley.
8. Getting a good night’s sleep
Numerous studies have shown that sleeping less than 5 to 6 hours a night is associated with an increased risk of obesity. There are many reasons for this. Research has shown that sleep deprivation slows down the body’s conversion of calories into energy (metabolism). When the metabolism is inefficient, the body stores excess calories as fat. Besides, poor sleep increases the production of the hormones insulin and cortisol, which in turn increases fat storage.
How long someone sleeps also affects the regulation of the appetite-controlling hormones leptin and ghrelin. Leptin sends signals of fullness to the brain.
9. Managing your stress levels
Stress stimulates the secretion of hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol, which are effective in reducing appetite. However, when people are under constant stress, cortisol can stay in the bloodstream longer, which increases appetite and causes overeating. Cortisol sends signals to the brain that the body needs carbohydrates to replenish energy stores. Insulin then transports the sugar from carbohydrates from the blood to the muscles and brain. If the individual does not use this sugar in fight or flight, the body will store it as fat.
Research has shown that an 8-week stress reduction program can significantly reduce body mass index (BMI) in overweight and obese people.
Some ways to reduce stress include:
- yoga, meditation, or tai chi
- breathing and relaxation techniques
- spending some time outdoors, for example, walking or gardening
10. Perform regular exercise
Most of you are probably aware of the effects of aerobic exercise on calorie burning and rapid weight loss. But in addition to aerobic exercise, strength training and weight training can also help you lose weight.
As you begin to lose weight, your metabolism slows down. Lifting weights burn a lot of calories and prevent your metabolism from slowing down. Strength training will help you lose fat and gain more muscle.
It is important to remember that there are no quick fixes when it comes to weight loss.
The best way to reach and maintain a healthy weight is to eat a nutritious, balanced diet.
This should include 10 portions of fruit and vegetables, good-quality protein, and whole-grains. It is also beneficial to exercise for at least 30 minutes every day.
I started taking ProVen in the hope of losing weight and detoxifying my body. From the first week I started losing centimeters from my waist. My clothes felt looser and I had a LOT more energy. After 2 months of taking ProVen once a day I have lost 45 pounds of fat without any other changes to my life… I’m super excited to carry on taken them to see if I an reach my goal weight. Anne T.
I usually find it a very long and hard struggle to even lose a small amount weight, but not with ProVen… my cravings for sugary treats are gone and my appetite overall is much less. My energy levels are through the roof and I am even motivated to go to the gym for the first time in so long. Janice L.