Ginger is a root that tastes spicy and crisp. Ginger has many health benefits. One of the benefits of ginger is its ability to lose weight and belly fat. Read this article to learn more about the relationship between ginger and weight loss.
Researches on the relationship between ginger and weight loss
According to Ayurveda (an ancient science in India that uses herbs, massage and yoga for the health and treatment of patients), Ginger root intake can help control weight. And research has confirmed the properties of ginger for losing weight.
In a study published in 2014 in the journal Food Science and Agriculture, a group of overweight mice was tested. The mice were fed gingerol supplement (a compound found in ginger) for 30 days, and they were able to lose weight after this period. Blood glucose and Leptin levels were relatively low in these mice. Leptin is a compound that is effective in feeling full after meals and can have a positive effect on weight loss. The researchers concluded that ginger can prevent obesity from fat-rich diets and can be used as a supplement to treat obesity.
According to another study published in the European Journal of Medicine and Pharmacy in 2013, the effect of ginger on slimming was equal to that of Orlistat. Ginger also has a significant effect on lowering blood cholesterol levels by raising good blood cholesterol (HDL). With the power of ginger to satiety and digestion, its role in weight loss is not surprising.
How Ginger Helps Fighting Belly Fat
In addition to its role in weight loss, ginger also helps to lose belly fat. If you want to have a six-pack, ginger can affect the causes of abdominal fat. These can include overeating, hormonal changes, and a lack of energy for exercise. Ginger makes you feel full, and as a result, you become less tempted to overeat. Ginger as a natural appetite suppressant helps you lose weight. Ginger is almost calorie-free and can be eaten fresh or with food and drinks.
Hormonal changes and chronic stress can increase the level of cortisol in the blood. As a result, the immune system and metabolism exit the equilibrium state. Increased blood cortisol levels can lead to weight gain and make it more difficult to lose belly fat. Ginger can suppress cortisol production, according to an article in the journal Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin in the Year 2004.
Ginger can help restore balance to your body and make you lose weight more easily. The spicy and unique taste of ginger can naturally increase your energy physically and mentally.
Ginger and increasing metabolism
According to a study published in the Year 2012, ginger has a thermogenic effect along with its Satiety effect. thermic effect foods help increase metabolism and calorie burns by increasing body temperature. The International Journal of Obesity has noted that Thermogenic foods can be a potential weight loss tool. These foods increase energy consumption and oxidation of fat and prevent metabolism to decrease in the path of weight loss. The study assessed the effects of consuming a breakfast meal with or without a hot ginger beverage (2 g ginger powder dissolved in a hot water) on energy expenditure, feelings of appetite and satiety in overweight men.
Studies have shown that ginger has a significant effect on thermogenesis and participants who consumed ginger drinks were less likely to feel hungry, resulting in reduced food intake. These results indicate the potential impact of ginger on weight loss.
How to use ginger for weight loss
If you want to enjoy the amazing effects of ginger on weight loss, you can use ginger in the following ways:
- Chew a thin slice of ginger before eating. This helps regulate metabolism, stimulate digestion, reduce cortisol levels, and increase energy.
- Grate a small slice of ginger and combine with a little lemon juice and salt. Eat a little of this before meals. This will control your appetite and help digestion. You will also benefit from the lemon properties.
- Ginger is one of the best spices for weight loss. Whenever you want to increase your ginger consumption, you can use it as a flavor in your food. Cooking ginger for a short time and about 6 minutes can increase its health benefits. Fortunately, ginger has a pleasant taste and you don’t need to hide it in your food.
- Cut fresh ginger and pour in a variety of foods, soups, and sauces. This will give your food a spicy and good taste, as well as help, maintain your health. The best time to add ginger to your meal is the final stage of cooking. If ginger is added to food too soon, it will lose some of its gingerols as a result of the cooking process. Cooking for a few minutes causes the antioxidants in ginger to be released.
- Another good way to increase ginger consumption in everyday life is to make lemon and ginger tea. Drinking two or three servings of this tea a day can increase your intake of ginger. To make lemon and ginger tea, you can mix 5 cm of ginger root with 1 liter of water, 30 ml of lemon juice and 5 ml of honey. To make this drink, mix ginger with boiling water for 5 minutes and put a cover on it. After the mixture has cooled, add the honey and lemon juice. You can also use green tea instead of boiling water to make this drink.
How much weight do we lose by consuming ginger?
Ginger can not reduce your weight quickly. The effects of ginger consumption are slow and gradual. Don’t be in a hurry and wait a while to enjoy the effects of ginger. Sometimes losing even 500 grams a month can be a great achievement. Keep in mind that in addition to ginger your weight loss process also depends on other things like exercise, nutrition, stress, and hereditary factors. To get the most out of the benefits of ginger, you should also apply other weight loss methods to get the result you want.
How to speed up the weight loss
Stop eating unhealthy fats, processed foods, fast foods, sugar as a first step. You can also lose weight more quickly by eating the following foods:
- Coconut oil
- Apple vinegar
- Lemon and its juice
- Green tea
The following can also help you lose weight:
- Have a physical activity. You can increase your body’s metabolism by 4 or 5 times a week of moderate exercise per week. If you do not have enough time to exercise, 20 to 40 minute walk a day can also have a significant impact on your health and fitness.
- Do interval exercises. In this type of exercise, high-intensity and low-intensity workouts are performed periodically. According to research, this type of exercise can increase fat burning speed by up to 36%.
Other Health Benefits of Ginger
Ginger helps reduce inflammation, reduce nausea, improve digestion and destroy cancer cells in addition to losing weight. Also by making ginger tea you can detoxify your body and fight many diseases.
Ginger powder can be stored for months. The best place to store ginger powder is to put it in a closed glass container in a cool, dark place. Fresh ginger root can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three weeks. The ginger root can also be stored in the freezer for up to six months and used when needed. Most people can reap the benefits of ginger, but ginger is not an option for everyone. Ginger may interfere with some medicines and harm people’s health.
Warning! This is for educational purposes only and you should consult a physician or specialist to use it.