Currently there are no vaccines for coronavirus prevention. The best way to prevent this disease is to not be exposed to coronavirus. However, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has announced preventive measures to remind. These daily habits can easily prevent the spread of a variety of viruses, including the Corona family virus. Here’s what you need to do to keep yourself and your family healthy.
- Wash your hands regularly
Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least twenty seconds. If your hands are not dirty, you should disinfect them. Do this with a hand-held alcohol solution that contains at least ٪60 alcohol. If the hands are clearly dirty, you should wash them with soap and water.
- Observe respiratory hygiene
When coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with your elbows (curved like in the picture above) or with a handkerchief. Immediately place the tissue in the trash can. After sneezing or coughing on a tissue, wash or disinfect your hands with the method we mentioned. Covering the mouth and nose during coughing and sneezing prevents the spread of germs and viruses. If you have sneezing or coughing in your hand, do not touch any surface afterwards.
- Maintain social distancing
Get at least one meter away from others, especially people who cough or sneeze or have a fever. When a person is infected with respiratory diseases such as 2019-nCoV, his cough or sneeze releases tiny droplets containing the virus. If you are too close to him, you may be able to breathe the virus into your body.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
Hands touch many surfaces anywhere and these surfaces may be infected with the virus. If you touch your eyes, nose and mouth with your infected hands, the virus can get into your body. Disinfect objects and contact surfaces using a household cleaning spray.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
In the following situations, be sure to contact your doctor or health care provider and let them know:
- If you have traveled to an area where the new Corona virus has been reported;
- If you have been in close contact with someone who has returned from one of these areas with respiratory symptoms;
- If you have been in contact with someone who has a corona symptoms or a positive corona test result.
In general, fever, cough and difficulty breathing may be associated with respiratory infections or other serious illnesses; Therefore, these symptoms are very important and you should tell your doctor and get health care. Respiratory symptoms and fever can have many different causes. Depending on your travel date and circumstances, one of the reasons could be the new Corona virus.
- Observe health in the animal products market
The general rule is that when visiting live animal markets, open markets or animal products markets, observe health standards. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water when handling animals or animal products. If you do not have access to soap and water, bring your own antiseptic. Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth. Avoid contact with diseased animals or rotten animal products. Be careful not to touch your hands and clothes with animal waste or liquids such as blood (which has been dumped on the market or in the shops).
- Anyone with symptoms of the virus should use a mask to prevent the virus from spreading. Staff at health centers and people taking care of patients everywhere (even at home) should wear masks.
- Coronavirus disease has no special treatment. Affected people should only be cared for to help improve symptoms. In severe cases, intensive care must be taken to ensure that the vital organs function.
- Avoid raw or half cooked foods. Be sure to prepare meat and milk in accordance with the hygienic processes of food preparation to prevent the transmission of viruses and bacteria from unprocessed foods.